Halcyon is pleased to announce that Agent version 1.0.2171.1 and the July Halcyon Web UI and Cloud update will be released after 06:00 PM Pacific Time on 07/12/2023. These combined releases contain several new features as well as a select number of improvements and bug fixes.
Value Add: The combined July releases provide international data sovereign deployment options for customers operating in Canada, Europe, and the Middle East. In addition, this release contains key agent Anti-Tamper capabilities as well as improved and more flexible Pre-Execution detection and prevention engines for Ransomware.
The agent release contains the following new features and improvements:
- Support for European Union, Canada, and United Arab Emirates based Web UI and Cloud infrastructure to comply with Data Sovereign deployments in these markets.
- Anti-Tamper Service Protection to prevent unauthorized stopping or disablement of Halcyon based agent services.
With Anti-tampering enabled it will not be possible to stop the service or uninstall the Agent. If either process must be done issue the following command:
agent.exe --maintenance_token <maintenance_token>
Anti-tampering will be disabled for 15 minutes allowing you to either stop the service or uninstall the Agent. If not, action is taken, Anti-tampering will be re-enabled after the 15-minute window has passed.
You must reach out to Halcyon support (email@example.com) to request the maintenance token; please provide the device names of the machines you wish to disable as each device will require a separate token.
- European Union, Canada, and United Arab Emirates based Web UI and Cloud infrastructure deployments to comply with Data Sovereign deployments in these markets.
- New and improved pre-execution analysis and scoring engines, which will enable dynamic per device level policy-controlled analysis and scoring.
- Ability to choose direct console login or redirect to your IdP for SSO login.
- Support for optionally providing a bearer token to be used in an Authorization header when configuring 3rd party event feed integration using the configured webhook.
- Support added for new OS type, subtype, and package manager fields on the device details page.
- CS-206 - Resolved issue where the Web UI does not always update when Device Name changes on the endpoint
- CS-224 - Resolves crash events reported against Windows Server 2016
Halcyon.ai is the industry’s first dedicated, adaptive security platform that combines multiple advanced proprietary prevention engines along with AI models focused specifically on stopping ransomware – talk to a Halcyon expert today to find out more. And check out the Recent Ransomware Attacks resource site to get near real-time tracking of ransomware attacks, threat actor groups and their victims.